Nursing Information and Tools for Success
Getting involved in the nursing field has many benefits, one of which is a very supportive community. There are tons of great resources for students and licensed nurses, and you can find many of them right here! Use this page to explore nursing websites and articles, publications and news pieces, accrediting agencies, professional associations, scholarships and more.
Best Nursing Resources for Students and Professionals
You can learn more about nursing as a career by checking out videos and interviews with successful nursing professionals. Dive in and find nursing resources that can set you apart from the crowd.
We also offer a quarterly nursing scholarship – the application period typically runs for three months at a time, and we award $2500 to nursing students to help pay for school.
Helpful Websites on Different Aspects of Nursing and Nurse Training
Below is a short list of some of the biggest ones. One of the best and most comprehensive resources out there is a website called DiscoverNursing, created by Johnson & Johnson. This site has all sorts of information on different nursing careers, scholarships, and schools. Please let us know if there are other sites you think we should include here. You can also send us an email to let us know what your favorite nursing resources are.
Nursing Publications and Nursing News
- Nurse.com / NurseWeek – One of the top nursing websites. Extensive news section.
- ADVANCE for Nurses – The online home of ADVANCE for Nurses magazine.
- RNWeb – The online home of RN Magazine.
- AllNurses.com – Well attended forum/community site for nurses.
- ADVANCE for Nurse Practitioners – A publication focused on the Nurse Practitioner field. Check out the blog section too.
- Nursing Management – A magazine for nurse leaders. More focused on research than news reporting.
- Nursing Cartoons – Something a little more light-hearted.
Accrediting Agencies and Professional Associations
- NLNAC – National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- CCNE – Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- ANA – American Nurses Association
- AANP – American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- ACNM – American College of Nurse-Midwives
- MANA – Midwives Alliance of North America
- NACPM – National Association of Certified Professional Midwives
- AANA – American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- ASPAN – American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses
- NACNS – National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- AAMN – American Assembly for Men in Nursing
- NNBA – National Nurses in Business Association
- NANDA International (NANDA-I) – works on standardizing nursing diagnostic terminology
- AFN – American Forensic Nurses
Other Sites of Interest
- Nurses House – A national fund for nurses in need
- Mothers Naturally – A clearinghouse of info about natural birthing