Nursing Schools in Hialeah Florida
(found programs from 2 schools)
State Nursing Board: Florida Board of Nursing
State Nurses Association: Florida Nurses Association
State Hospital Association: Florida Hospital Association
Hialeah is a sunny, small town in the middle of Miami, with a primarily Hispanic population. With temperatures that range between 89 to 97 degrees year round, this metro area with a population largely intertwined with Miami, is a great place to earn your nursing degree, especially if you are a Spanish speaker. Whether you are just now becoming a nurse, of if you are an experienced nurse looking to expand your education, you can do it in Hialeah.
Nursing Schools in Hialeah, FL
There are a number of nursing programs in Miami and Hialeah that offer a wide range of programs for nursing, some of which are below.
- Keiser University offers an on campus Associate degree RN program. There are BSN, RN to BSN and MSN programs of study, all of which are offered both on campus and online.
- Florida National University is accredited by the Southern Associate of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. They offer associate and bachelor degree programs in Nursing. There is no on-campus housing available, but they do offer on campus and online courses.
- La Esperanza Educational Services, Inc. is an institution that offers courses and training for the RN and LPN.
- Chamberlain College offers several online nursing courses, including; RN to BSN, BSN, RN-BSN-to-MSN, MSN Family Practitioner, Graduate Certificate Programs and a Doctor of Nursing Practice Program.
- The West Coast University is located nearby in Miami and has a BSN program that can be completed in just over three years.
Between the colleges in Hialeah that offer nursing programs and the nursing schools in Miami, you should be able to find the program you are looking for. New graduates of most entry level nursing programs in the area receive the preparation to work within the patient care settings below.
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Psychiatric/Mental Health
- Community Health
- Home Care Nursing
Curriculum, Costs, and Financial Aid
Most entry level nursing programs in Hialeah consist of a combination of general education courses and nursing requirements. Whether you get your Associate's or Bachelor's degree in nursing, you will be required to take courses in English, Sociology, Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics.
After you have completed your general education requirements, you will begin you nursing courses, which will likely include those outlined below.
- Fundamentals of Nursing I & II
- Adult Health Assessment
- Pharmacology/Drug Administration
- Adult Health Nursing I & II
- Maternal/Infant Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Professional Nursing Leadership
Tuition varies between colleges and whether they are on-campus or online.
- The tuition for the 2,410 students enrolled at Florida National University is $12,600, and many students receive financial assistance through grants and scholarships.
- West Coast University in Orange County has an annual tuition for a Florida resident of $50,133, however the average amount paid is $29,924. Many students are receiving grants, scholarships and student loans.
- Chamberlain University has announced a new education program, which will provide the National Association of Hispanic Nurses a special tuition rate for a post licensure online program, and they have waved application fees.
For more information on tuition and costs, contact the schools on this page and request the information you need to make a decision about where to study nursing in the Hialeah area.
When it comes to paying for nursing school, most colleges suggests all applicants file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FALSA) to determine what federal, state and institutional need-based aid might be available. There are also several scholarships and grants that can be found, which may help you pay for school.
Florida National University offers an Academic Scholarship to freshmen and transfer students, and the amount depends of their GPA and/or SAT/ACT scores. This university also awards scholarships to applicants who have shown a commitment to their community through service. The applicant must turn in a list of their community service activities completed during their high school years, and it must be signed by their high school counselor. The award is $1,500 per year.
Men and women athletes who possess athletic ability and meet academic standards may also receive a scholarship. The scholarship varies and it can be any dollar amount up to the entire tuition and fees for a baccalaureate degree program.
If you are already a nurse, and looking to expand your education, THE FNU State of Florida Hospital Employee Scholarship is awarded annually to active hospital employees, which requires a letter from the Human Resources Department of the hospital. The amount covered is 20 percent for any level nursing program. Furthermore, many hospitals offer tuition reimbursement for their working staff, which is a great way for you to earn an advanced nursing degree in Hialeah, Florida.
Life and Career Options in Hialeah
Hialeah Hospital that has multiple community education programs, such as Acute Care for the Elderly, Diabetes, and General Health. They have excellent benefits for their employees, including tuition reimbursement. This may be an excellent place for an RN or LVN to find employment in their field of interest.
The majority of nursing jobs in Hialeah, FL are found in extended care facilities, assisted living facilities for the elderly, hospitals and physician's offices. A Registered Nurse's mean wage in Florida is $62,060 annually, with RNs in Hialeah and the Miami area included (BLS, 2013). Outpatient care centers and general medical and surgical hospitals are common areas of nursing employment. Other options include physician offices, home health care and community and public health facilities.
If you are looking to expand your nursing practice and education by earning a Master's in Nursing in Hialeah, you are positioning yourself for increased responsibility, an expansion in your scope of practice and the potential for increased earnings. Nurse Anesthetists earn a mean annual salary of $136,190 in Florida. Nurse anesthetist jobs are commonly found in hospitals, outpatient surgical centers or in offices of other health care providers.
Nurse practitioners in Florida earn a mean salary of $91,070 annually (BLS, 2013) Physician offices, hospitals, colleges and universities, plus outpatient care centers are some of the best places for employment.
To find Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)programs in Hialeah, visit our specialty pages.
You can also submit a request for information to any of the schools on our page, simply by clicking the links next to the schools. We encourage you to explore all of your options before making a decision, so you can be certain to find the school that will best meet your needs.
|Dade Medical College (Hialeah, FL)|
Program Name: Practical Nursing
|Florida National University (Hialeah, FL)|
Program Name: RN to BSN Program: Entry-level and Advanced track
Accreditation: CCNE accredited
programs for nurses
- Online LPN to RN
- Online RN to BSN
- Online Masters in Nursing
- Online DNP/PhD in Nursing
- Online Nurse Practitioner
- LPN to RN
- RN to BSN
- Masters in Nursing
- DNP/PhD in Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Midwife
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nurse Anesthetist
- Nurse Educator
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Acute Care Nursing
- Adult Nursing
- Family Nursing
- Geriatric Nursing
- Neonatal Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Women's Health Nursing
- Nursing Informatics
- Nurse Administrator
becoming a nurse
- Accelerated BSN
- Direct Entry MSN
- Four-Year BSN
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical/Vocational Nursing
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- District Of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia